Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Juicing!

Do you juice?  My husband and I have been juicing for about 2 years now - we started juicing around the same time I became a vegetarian (thanks to Kris Carr's  book Crazy, Sexy, Diet).
I highly recommend this book and watching any and all documentaries out there about the industrialization of the food industry (such as Food, Inc.) the chemicals in our food (such as Forks over Knives), and the links between consuming animal proteins and increased cancer risk (The China Study).  It's really disturbing!
If you don't believe me about this film, check out the over 500 FIVE STAR reviews on Amazon.com!  It will definitely change the way you look at food and disease!

Anyway, we try to juice everyday - our juice of choice is cucumber, celery & green apple - YUM!
I highly recommend this Breville Juicer, it's the Breville Juice Fountain Multi-Speed Juicer and it ROCKS!  (Oh and again if you don't believe me, there are 500 5 star reviews on Amazon.com for this juicer!) Super easy to clean, you don't have to chop up the veggies too small & it creates an insane amount of juice.
So if you juice, what is your favorite juice recipe?  I would love to add more greens into my juices, like kale and spinach.


No comments:

Post a Comment